Thursday, December 5, 2019

Editing Music Video Blog

          We started editing our music video! We were very happy to do this. I say this because we are excited to see what it looks like when it's done. I believe it is going to be really interesting to see the final product. We split up work for the editing to make the workload smaller. Kathy had to cut/razor blade the clips. Kathy was also in charge of the split-screen. She did it for her last project so she already knew how to do the split-screen. Amy had to detach the audio from the footage as well as download the music from the internet. Amy also had to add transitions. She did not know how to do this so she asked a fellow classmate. My job was to import and export the files into the computer and the editing software. I was also in charge of coordinating the music with the video. This was new for me so Kathy and I were able to teach him. 
          Initially, I had to import the footage. I had to sign out an SD card reader to dump the footage. I had to sort through the footage to see the correct takes we wanted to use. Once I found the wanted clips I had to highlight and move them to a new folder. I then opened pinnacle studios and took the footage from the desktop to pinnacle studios. I made sure all the boxes were checked and waited for it to import. For exporting I first made sure the video was saved. Then I took the edited footage from pinnacle studios and saved it to a separate place.
         Finally, I had to coordinate the music with what the actors are saying. Firstly, I made sure the music was correctly cut to sync up with the singing. Some of the scenes needed to be correctly coordinated with our storyboard. So when the song says "We got the limo out front." the car and driver are in the scene. When it says "Every style, every shoe, every color." there are many nice shoes set out. Then, the hard part was to sync up the music exactly to what Amy and Kathy are saying. This took a while because I wanted to get it exactly right. All in all, I think that our music video came out great due to much hard work put into it.

No comments:

Post a Comment